Thursday, October 23, 2008
Bandung Street Documentary # 5: Junction Traffic Chaos
This is what usually happens in Bandung when the traffic light is down and there is no police officer to regulate the traffic. The rain is an added element of ... well, the chaos!
This photo is the 5th post of Bandung Street Documentary series. I began this series as an attempt to give you a candid outlook of what Bandung street life is like. The street, being a quintessential public space, can tell us a lot of things about the character of a city. Hence, this series together with the other series (i.e. City of People, Bandung Architectural Heritage) and other regular posts, will give you a better outlook and feel of this city I love and call home.
I took the above photo at the junction of Tamansari and Supratman Streets at Balubur, Bandung.
Having said all that, I'd like to share with you a wonderful news I recieved today. My very good friend Virginia of Birmingham Alabama Daily Photo has honored me and BANDUNG DAILY PHOTO with this wonderful "Blogging Friend Forever" Award. Thank you very much for this honor, V!
This award requires that I choose five other bloggers that I consider worthy of receiving this award based on the following criteria:
1. Only 5 people/blogs are allowed.
2. Four of them have to be dedicated followers of this blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to this blog and live in another part of the world.
4. The recipient of the award has to link back to whoever gives her/him the award, and (this is another criterion that Virginia has added) :
5. The recipient has never received any other awards before.
Now, these are difficult criteria, I must admit. I have a lot of wonderful friends who own and managed great blogs. Therefore, I will need sometime to think about who I am going to pass on this award to and postpone the announcement until tomorrow.