Friday, October 24, 2008
Skywatch Friday # 15: Bandung's Late Dry Season's Sky
My Skywatch post today is of Bandung's late dry season's sky. To see other wonderful Skywatch photos from all around the world or to participate in this weekly theme, please check this link.
As I said in my previous week's Skywatch Friday post, October is the transition period between the dry season (summer) and the wet/rainy season in most parts of Indonesia. Being an equatorial archipelago, Indonesia only has two seasons. The normal climatic cycle of dry season begins in April or May and ends in September or October, by which time the rainy season sets in.
By the way, the structure in the above photo is the new building of the Faculty (School) of Social Science Education of the Indonesia University of Education (UPI) on Setiabudhi Street in the north of Bandung.
With today's post, I would also like to pass on the the BFF Award to the following wonderful friends of mine:
1. Launcheston Daily Photo (LDP), Australia, for being one of the first to comment on my BANDUNG DAILY PHOTO.
2. Riau Daily Photo, Sumatra, Indonesia, by my good friend Hendrawan, one of the first friends I made when I started this blog. He has a lot of good photos in his blog and, to my knowledge, has never received any awards before.
3. My new friend and frequent visitor Mahmud Yussop of My Kucing Klikz, Sarawak, Malaysia, for his wonderful photos and insightful stories of the area he is covering.
4. My new friend Ian Hamzah of Sanabis Daily Photo, Bahrain, for the delightful photos and stories he shares in his blog.
5. Gerald of Hyde Daily Photo, UK, a long time blogging friend and the web keeper of the Latest Around The World city daily photo blog updates.
I could go on with the list as I have a lot of friends that certainly deserve the award, but I am allowed to pass on this award to only five other bloggers. I hope they will pass on this award spread the love to other desrving bloggers.